[cfe-dev] accessing command line options

Kristóf Umann via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Apr 11 06:27:21 PDT 2019

Hmm. Yea, I don't think you can do that now. It might be possible somehow,
I just don't  know how, and I doubt that there is a way. The best course of
action would be to add a checker option.

1. Add a brief documentation about that flag in the file's headings (below
the licence thingie)
2. Add a new string field to your checker class. Initialize it in the
checker registry function (registerYourChecker) by calling
AnalyzerOptions::getCheckerStringOption().
3. You may configure your checker on the command line by appending this to
the analyzer invocation: -analyzer-config
package.subpackage.YourChecker:YourConfig="/some/output/location"

Mind you, there are around 10 patches on review that will overhaul the
checker option interface, so you might need to rebase sometime soon on top
of it :)

Thanks for reaching out, I might take a look at this later! There are some
legitimate cases where accessing the output dir would be neat, for example,
we could get rid of the "ctu-dir" option entirely.

Cheers,
Husi