[cfe-dev] size_t redefinition error with --target=wasm on Windows

Bill Ticehurst via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Apr 2 22:27:01 PDT 2019

Thanks Dan.

I’m not trying to link to any runtime library implementation, just use the headers for the declarations. The definitions for the few runtime library APIs used are provided in the code. It’s a simple web app for demo purposes.

The build using the system headers appears to be working on Linux (I assume), being that’s what the code I forked targets. I’m guessing the MSVC C runtime headers aren’t compatible for this use however.

For now I just removed all the #includes for the standard runtime headers, and wrote a small common header for the declarations I need and included this in each .cpp file (see https://github.com/billti/clang-wasm/blob/master/nanolibc/libc.h), and this is compiling fine now on Windows with LLVM 8 with the build.bat script in the root, and the output works in Chrome.

My code does seem to have a bug, and stepping through the WAST representation in the browser tools is pain. Does the clang/wasm-ld toolchain support emitting sourcemaps at this point? (I couldn’t see any flags that looked like candidates)

The WASI stuff looks super-cool. I’d love to stay in the loop on it and play around as it develops. Is there somewhere to subscribe to keep up to date? (Or just watch the GitHub repos?).

Thanks,

  *   Bill