[cfe-dev] Uninitialized Variables Analysis crashing

Csaba Raduly via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Sep 24 00:09:00 PDT 2018

Hi João Paulo,

On Sun, Sep 23, 2018 at 11:39 PM, João Paulo Labegalini de Carvalho
via cfe-dev <cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have implemented a new Stmt in clang which given
>
> __speculate {
>  // user code
> }
>
> generates LLVM IR equivalent to as if the following code was given:

> However, if UninitializedVariablesAnalysis is enabled, clang crashes at
> runOnBlock function (lib/Analysis/UninitializedValues.cpp). If I disable it
> via -Wno-uninitialized, the code generated runs flawlessly and works as
> expected.

"crash" is a meaningless term. Does it generate an access violation,
an assertion failure, or something else?
What was the error message? Is there a stack trace?

Csaba

--
You can get very substantial performance improvements
by not doing the right thing. - Scott Meyers, An Effective C++11/14 Sampler