[cfe-dev] SMT solvers in clang SA

Mikhail Ramalho via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Sep 21 04:50:39 PDT 2018

We are currently implementing the backends for other solvers (you can
follow the progress here: https://github.com/mikhailramalho/clang). So far
we got Boolector, MathSAT and Yices ready. CVC4 should be done soon.

When used to refute bugs, they all give roughly the same results: a ~5%
speedup if there are refuted bugs or a ~5% slowdown if no bug is refuted.

I've only tried to analyze one full project (tmux) with Yices; the CSA ran
for 24hrs and it didn't complete the analyze. For comparison, it takes 90s
to analyze it with the ranged constraint manager in the CSA.

Thanks,

Em sex, 21 de set de 2018 às 12:32, Siddharth Shankar Swain via cfe-dev <
cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> escreveu:

> Hi all,
>
> Currently studying the impact of SMT solvers on Clang SA. Can anyone help
> in telling more about the SMT solvers use in clang SA ? ( Have already
> tested Z3 SMT solver implemented in GSoC 2018 , also looking for other SMT
> solvers if possible )
>
> Thanks,
> Siddharth

Mikhail Ramalho.