[cfe-dev] [llvm-dev] Updates on SVN to GitHub migration

罗勇刚(Yonggang Luo) via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Oct 22 11:53:58 PDT 2018

When I view monorepo, the google stable branch have the problem that always
delete all the contents, and then copy the stable branch.
May us skip those delte branch actions.
Refere  to
```
SHA-1: 00353aa9741e8419a0ab140559fd6fdfaaac04af

* Updating branches/google/stable to r309660

llvm-svn=309869
llvm-svn=309867
llvm-svn=309865
llvm-svn=309863
llvm-svn=309861
llvm-svn=309859

```
```
SHA-1: 6546fed885dc829d0e6b3cffab9b1b5c540c2dd8

* Cleaning up stable branch

llvm-svn=309857

```

```

* Updating branches/google/stable to r308006

llvm-svn=308373
llvm-svn=308371
llvm-svn=308369
llvm-svn=308367
llvm-svn=308365
llvm-svn=308363

```

```
SHA-1: 412992b89c7a09aaa13c503213d4238b8c657f4c

* Cleaning up stable branch

llvm-svn=308361

```

On Sat, Oct 20, 2018 at 8:47 AM Tom Stellard via llvm-dev <
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> TLDR: Official monorepo repository will be published on
> Tuesday, Oct 23, 2018.  After this date, you should modify
> your workflows to use the monorepo ASAP.  Current workflows
> will be supported for at most 1 more year.
>
> Hi,
>
> We had 2 round-tables this week at the Developer Meeting to
> discuss the SVN to GitHub migration, and I wanted to update
> the rest of the community on what we discussed.
>
> The most important outcome from that meeting is that we
> now have a timeline for completing the transition which looks
> like this:
>
> Tues Oct 23, 2018:
>
> The latest monorepo prototype[1] will be moved over to the LLVM
> organization github project[2] and will begin mirroring the current
> SVN repository.  Commits will still be made to the SVN repository
> just as they are today.
>
> All community members should begin migrating their workflows that
> rely on SVN or the current git mirrors to use the new monorepo.
>
> For CI jobs or internal mirrors pulling from SVN or
> http://llvm.org/git/*.git you should modify them to pull from
> the new monorepo and also to deal with the new repository
> layout.
>
> For Developers, you should begin using the new monorepo
> for your development and using the provided scripts[3]
> to commit your code.  These scripts will allow to commit
> to SVN from the monorepo without using git-svn
>

> [1] https://github.com/llvm-git-prototype/llvm
> [2] https://github.com/llvm/
> [3]
> https://llvm.org/docs/GettingStarted.html#for-developers-to-work-with-a-git-monorepo