[cfe-dev] LLVM C++14/C++17 BoF - Summary

Keane, Erich via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Oct 19 10:03:40 PDT 2018

Thanks for the update Zachary!
I indeed missed the LLVM-Dev meeting, so this is a welcome bit of news for me!

I’m glad we decided to go with the cmake-warning mechanism.  Was there ever any discussion about a rolling warning system as I proposed here? https://reviews.llvm.org/D47073

It had received positive feedback on the mailing list, though Chandler had/has some reservations.  IMO, it is a way of going about this that prevents this discussion from being so contentious in the future.

-Erich