[cfe-dev] libtooling/libclang cannot find "__clang_cuda_runtime_wrapper.h"

Franklin He via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Oct 13 18:26:52 PDT 2018

Hello

I am attempting to write a static analyzer for CUDA using the Clang infrastructure.

After writing a simple tool, and giving it the example CUDA file in https://llvm.org/docs/CompileCudaWithLLVM.html , I get the following error:

fatal error: '__clang_cuda_runtime_wrapper.h' file not found

so far this happens with both libtooling and libclang. I have tried using clang to compile the same CUDA file and it works.
I am currently linking against clang sources from the trunk, but this also happens with Clang version 6.
I currently have CUDA 10 installed on this computer.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards
Franklin