[cfe-dev] Contributing to C++2a feature implementation!

Kareem Kareem via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Oct 9 06:49:37 PDT 2018

Hello, My name is Kareem and I am a C++ software engineer at TomTom. I would like to gain more experience in compilers by contributing to the implementation of experimental C++2a features as detailed on the Clang website [4]. === Here is my relevant background: 1 - I implemented a library for a research language called Impala. Impala is implemented on top of a compiler framework called AnyDSL [1]. Specifically, I implemented a number of parallel primitives in Impala (e.g. map, reduce, radix sort). The library is inspired by Nvidia's CUB library [2]. 2 - I participated in a research project to extend LLVM IR to natively support fork-join parallelism. In particular, I implemented an OpenMP frontend and backend to translate to and from Parallel-IR. The frontend and backend supported simple parallel loops. 3 - I did some tiny bug fixes in LLVM to properly propagate DebugInfo in some passes [3]. Nothing so fancy though :). === It would great if an experienced member of the community is able to guide me through this by choosing a (somewhat beginner friendly) proposal that I can start looking into and probably point me to relevant literature. I can commit to a GSoC-style partnership if any experienced member would be willing to do so. [1] https://anydsl.github.io/ [2] https://nvlabs.github.io/cub/ [3] https://reviews.llvm.org/p/ergawy/ [4] https://clang.llvm.org/cxx_status.html Best, Kareem