[cfe-dev] Writing a fix-it for errors already found by clang

Stuart Thomson via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Oct 5 03:50:34 PDT 2018

Hi Jonas,

Thanks for this.

  *   As far as I can tell clang does not emit a fix-it hint for this error. There is no hint on the command line and running clang-tidy with -fix-errors results in no change in the source.
  *   Dumping the AST shows the VarDecl in question but it is marked "invalid". Also when I try to write a matcher it doesn't seem to be able to find the initializer so I think you are right that the node has been removed.

I'm not sure how exactly I would go about adding this to the frontend - do you have any suggestions for how to begin?

Cheers,
Stuart