[cfe-dev] Modules TS Work

David Blaikie via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Oct 4 11:04:33 PDT 2018

On Sun, Sep 30, 2018 at 2:32 AM Whisperity via cfe-dev <
cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> I am just trying to improve CMake a bit to better explain directives
> for codes that use and depend on modules, instead of using nasty
> shadow targets and hacks. We also need to improve CMake so it knows
> dependencies: I ran into the issue that once I build the module PCM
> there is no check (neither from CMake's, nor Clang's side) whether the
> source file for that module was changed. Sometimes it keeps the PCM
> implementation ignoring the original one, sometimes just runs Clang
> into a nasty stack trace.

I'm super interested in CMake support for modules (both Clang's back-compat
modules (with modulemaps) and C++ standard modules) - I'll be talking at
the developer meeting about some of the issues around Modules TS build
system impact (following on from the talk I gave last year on modular code
generation) & honestly would love to have a CMake prototype/demo (for clang
back-compat modules and/or modules TS modules), with the intent to get
something usable for self-hosting one form of explicit modules or another
(modular code generation, etc) with the LLVM build, but not sure I really
have the CMake skills to pull that off in time.

- Dave