[cfe-dev] [RFC] automatic variable initialization

Kristina Brooks via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Nov 29 10:20:56 PST 2018

> Do we have a macro that’s turned on for official clang releases?

I guess the closest would be a combination of checking the vendor
string and patchlevel, those are exposed via macros.

Easy way would be checking for the absence of the svn part in the
suffix part ie. unofficial builds usually have a suffix like this:

`(based on LLVM 8.0.0svn)`

I guess absence of `svn)` would indicate an official release since
I don't think official releases have that suffix (although downstream
can set it to whatever they want).