[cfe-dev] [llvm-dev] [lldb-dev] Updates on SVN to GitHub migration

Mehdi AMINI via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Nov 10 16:40:57 PST 2018

Le ven. 9 nov. 2018 à 01:33, Anton Korobeynikov via llvm-dev <
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> a écrit :

> Correct. One important part of the migration is the ability to keep
> the various CIs and other integrations intact via switching to
> svn-from-git bridge:
> https://help.github.com/articles/support-for-subversion-clients/

I am not convinced that it was seriously considered to preserve CI on SVN
using the bridge, at least this is the first time I hear about this.
AFAIK, the transition plan is that bot owners have one year to switch from
polling from SVN to using Git.

When I looked at the bridge, it was only in the context of individual
developers who who try to work on a very small subset of the repo. To be
honest, I have a hard time imagining anyone really preferring this over git
though.

Note when I tried on the monorepo originally, it didn't work (always
timed-out) and I exchanged with GitHub support about it. They did something
on the repo I had push to my account and then it was working OK (I only did
very basic testing).

--
Mehdi