[cfe-dev] Could key functions be used to reason about availability of inline method definitions?

Richard Smith via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon May 28 11:27:36 PDT 2018

Theoretically, there is no requirement that a symbol for Rectangle::colour
be provided by the object file with the key function. In practice I'd
expect the symbol would probably be provided anyway, but I think this would
formally be a new ABI requirement.

There might also be symbol visibility issues (eg with
-fvisibility-inlines-hidden).