[cfe-dev] CLANG for compiling the Linux kernel

Bill Wendling via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun May 27 15:19:13 PDT 2018

It's definitely still an active area. There are a few things that happened
recently to the Linux kernel which made it incompatible with Clang. In
particular, they require "asm goto", which Clang doesn't have (yet). There
are ways around this until support comes in.

Take a look at https://github.com/ClangBuiltLinux.

-bw