[cfe-dev] Relaxing format specifier checks

Shoaib Meenai via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue May 22 16:29:03 PDT 2018

Based on all the discussion so far, I think the consensus is that we don't want to relax -Wformat by default, but an additional relaxed option would be fine. That works for me (where I can just switch my codebases to use the new warning option), but it wouldn't handle JF Bastien's use case, so he would still want to pursue the relaxations specific to Apple platforms.

Does that sound reasonable to everyone? I'm not going to be able to get to the -Wformat relaxation myself immediately, since I have more pressing work right now, but it sounds like Apple will be doing their own thing anyway, so I wouldn't be blocking them.