[cfe-dev] __builtin_choose_expr and __builtin_types_compatible_p

Jim Pryor via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun May 20 06:05:41 PDT 2018

These builtins are mentioned in the docs and seem to be honored (I'm compiling in C with --std=c99) but `__has_builtin(__builtin_choose_expr)` returns 0, and similarly for `__builtin_types_compatible_p`. Can someone on this list explain why?

Should I expect `__has_builtin` to have other false negatives too?

Does the issue have anything to do with these functions being declared as keywords in include/clang/Basic/TokenKinds.def?

I'm not subscribed to the list, so I'd welcome being cc'd on any replies. Thanks.

dubiousjim at gmail.com