[cfe-dev] [RFC] Improving import failure checking strategy inside ASTImporter

Gábor Márton via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri May 18 03:08:26 PDT 2018

Hi Aleksei,

I think it is a very good idea to exploit [[nodiscard]] .
On the other hand I find a bit misleading some of the names of these
functions. `importCastedNonNull` does a simple `cast<>` inside, thus
perhaps a name `importAndCast` would better explain what happens.
Similarly, instead of `importCasted`, `importAndCastOrNull`
(import_and_cast_or_null ?) sounds better for me, what do you think?

Gabor