[cfe-dev] [Modules] Dependency Generation

David Blaikie via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue May 15 10:59:27 PDT 2018

Exactly how to integrate build systems with modules TS (or the ATOM
proposal) is a current source of discussion.

For now, with Clang, I don't think there is a way to get dependency
information from the compiler in a way akin to -MM. I'm not sure what
Build2 is doing (the one public build system that's got some support for
modules) - maybe it's doing its own scan of the source files looking for
import lines.

- Dave