[cfe-dev] Getting DecompositionDecl from BindingDecl

George Karpenkov via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Mar 29 15:08:14 PDT 2018

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your reply!

> Can you say more about why the static analyzer might want to map from a BindingDecl to a DecompositionDecl?

One thing I couldn’t figure out is how to figure out whether a given binding represents a global.
But turns out that for my use case turns out that somehow was not required.

> BindingDecls should generally just be treated wrappers around some lvalue expression.

Right, yes, that unfortunately forces quite a lot of special-casing on us, as suddenly in many places where we expected only a VarDecl we know get a BindingDecl.

Regards,
George