[cfe-dev] debug_frame section not generated for Windows 64bit

Jayvee Neumann via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Mar 23 00:06:16 PDT 2018

Hi Reid,

your suggestion is not a solution to the problem I have. I still want to
use SEH on 64bit Windows because it is, as you also pointed out, required
by the ABI. I need a .debug_frame or .eh_frame section in addition to the
SEH .pdata section. I am aware that the exception handling data would be
redundant. Information about e.g. the CFA, which is required by some
DWARF-expressions/locations, would not be redundant though.

Is there a way to request both, a .pdata section for SEH style exceptions
and a .debug_frame sections, in the same or a similar way to MinGW-w64?

Best Regards
Jayvee