[cfe-dev] [analyzer] MallocChecker & checker dependencies

Alexey Knyshev via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Mar 15 13:54:25 PDT 2018

Hi there!

While thinking about how it would be possible to implement various smart
ptr related checkers I tried to review current state of MallocChecker and
came up with that it would be great to have RegionState info available to
other checkers. Could you please share your points of view and comments on
the following statements / questions:

1. Is there any right way for chaining checkers? How they are expected to
communicate between each other (excluding generation of nodes /
ProgramStates). I've heard that there are couple of problems caused by
inlining functions, constructors / descructors.
2. What do you think about moving RegionState to the Core of CSA or
providing optional extended info in MemRegion about the source of such
region (new opearator / array new, malloc, alloca, etc). So it would be
available to all checkers.
3. Is there any roadmap for CSA and especially for dynamic memory
management modeling & related checkers?

Regards, Alexey K

--
linkedin.com/profile