[cfe-dev] EuroLLVM: Birds of Feather Sessions Needed

Tanya Lattner via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Mar 14 12:42:11 PDT 2018

I’ve been asked to explain a bit more. Birds of a Feather sessions are discussions led by 1 or more people on a specific topic. The presenter(s) typically provide a few slides to guide the discussion and someone takes notes. Anyone can attend a BoF and participate in the discussion. It is not meant to be a formal presentation where the audience just listens. BoFs usually have a goal such as brainstorming ideas to solve issues or plan future development.

As an example, at the last LLVM Developers’ Meeting in San Jose we had BoF sessions on:
Storing Clang data for IDEs and static analysis
Source-based Code Coverage BoF
Clang Static Analyzer BoF
Co-ordinating RISC-V development in LLVM
Thoughts and State for Representing Parallelism with Minimal IR Extensions in LLVM
BoF - Loop and Accelerator Compilation Using Integer Polyhedra
LLDB Future Directions
LLVM Foundation - Status and Involvement

I hope this information is useful.

Thanks,
Tanya