[cfe-dev] Clang ms_abi - vectorcall incompatible?

via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Mar 8 23:28:17 PST 2018

Hello Clang-Dev-People,

currently I'm experimenting with the different target-triples which Clang
supports. My current target is: "x86_64-unknown-linux-gnuabi64-elf"
When I write the following code:

int __attribute__((ms_abi, vectorcall)) printf(const char*, ...);

void printAll(double x, int y, double z, int x2, int y2, double z2)
{
        printf("First message!\n");
        printf("%f %i %f %i %i %f\n", x, y, z, x2, y2, z2);
}

The compiler responses:
"vectorcall and ms_abi attributes are not compatible"

I understand the error - but why? What should I do when I want to use the
vectorcall windows x86_x64 calling convention?

Kind regards
Björn
Als GmbH eingetragen im Handelsregister Bad Homburg v.d.H. HRB 9816,
USt.ID-Nr. DE 114 165 789
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Hiroshi Nakamura, Dr. Robert Plank, Markus Bode,
Heiko Lampert, Hiroshi Kawamura, Takashi Nagano, Takeshi Fukushima.