[cfe-dev] Clang-Format

Joseph N. Ruskiewicz via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jul 27 17:31:54 PDT 2018

Hey all,
I started working on adding Swift formatting to the LibFormat and clang-format chain and then realized that this maybe not the appropriate place for it.  I am a bit confused where this should go as it seems that most front end development of Swift is in its own repository where the rest of languages supported are in the Clang repository and there is the swift-clang repo which I can only assume is a fork of the clang repo with some sugar added in.

Am I correct in assuming the role of each of the repos?  Where should I focus for adding (extending?) a formatter for Swift code?  Is there any interest in adding a formatter?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Best,
Joseph