[cfe-dev] Clang format include groups

Nikita Alekseev via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jul 20 04:41:05 PDT 2018

Hello everyone, we are using Google Style Guide for our project and clang format is doing really well in regards to formatting, except for one thing - include groups

Google Style Guide states that includes must be separated in groups - standard, 3rd party and project specific (also main header must be separate but it’s not relevant here). Clang Format does not do that when running it with Google Style option.

As I understand clang format supports include groups using regular expressions. However it is tedious to compose a regex for every std include. Is there a workaround for this? If not, would the dev team be interested in a contribution?

Regards,

Nikita