[cfe-dev] Positive tests in the clang test suite?

Joel Jacobson via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jan 18 13:37:29 PST 2018

On Thu, Jan 18, 2018 at 12:48 PM, David Chisnall
<David.Chisnall at cl.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> The down side is that they are not integration tests and so don’t check that the code is correct, only that it is the same as last time.  The LLVM Nightly Test suite contains a number of executable tests, but these typically take much longer to run and so are run by the CI infrastructure on a variety of different platforms.

I incorrectly assumed "nightly" referred to some git branch, but I see
no mentioning of "nightly" looking at `git branch -a`, so it must be
located somewhere else?

Googling "LLVM Nightly Test" directs me to
http://llvm.org/docs/lnt/tests.html where it says "LLVM Makefile
test-suite (aka LLVM Nightly Test), Note: The Makefile test-suite is
deprecated.".

Where are these tests located? What git repo/branch to checkout and in
what directory can I find the tests?

My apologies for my stupidity. :)