[cfe-dev] 64-bit Tool set linker error on windows

Reid Kleckner via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jan 17 09:36:18 PST 2018

If you had to change the default platform target to debug-x64, it sounds
like CMake did not generate x64 project files. I believe our CMake scripts
do not support generating projects that allow changing from x86 to x64.

I am only familiar with the old way to generate x64 project files, which is
to use the "Visual Studio 14 Win64" generator or something like that. The
documentation (
https://cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.9/generator/Visual%20Studio%2015%202017.html)
suggests
that the new way is to pass "-DCMAKE_GENERATOR_PLATFORM=x64".