[cfe-dev] [RFC][OpenCL] Pass alignment of arguments in local addr space for device-side enqueued kernel to __enqueue_kernel functions

Liu, Yaxun (Sam) via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jan 11 08:39:02 PST 2018

The workgroup size is usually 64 or 128. The number of workgroups can be quite large if the global size is large. If for each local array we waste 124 bytes, the total waste could be quite large, considering local memory is precious resource for GPU.

On the other hand, passing the alignment info and using it is pretty straight forward.

Sam