[cfe-dev] Cquery vs Clangd

Marc-André Laperle via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Feb 28 14:40:30 PST 2018

Hello,

I would like to discuss Cquery [1] in the light of the current development of Clangd. Both tools implement the Language Server Protocol for C/C++. Cquery seems to be picking up a lot of features which users are interested in. Some differences with Clangd are that it uses libclang and it is developed on Github outside of the LLVM/Clang tree. Perhaps that Clangd has the advantage of having more visibility as it is hosted within the Clang community and has healthy (long term??) development activity. But being out of tree, Cquery also has some flexibility in reusing more third-party library and features are rapidly being prototyped.

With that said, should we make an effort to bridge the two projects?

I would very much like to hear your thoughts on Cquery, especially from fellow Clangd developers.

[1] https://github.com/cquery-project/cquery

Best Regards,

Marc-André