[cfe-dev] Google Summer of Code 2018

Réka Nikolett Kovács via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Feb 23 16:10:34 PST 2018

Dear All,

I'm Réka Kovács, a final-year M.S. student from Eötvös Loránd University,
Budapest, and I would love to work on a Clang SA-related GSoC project this
summer.

I've been working on static analysis for the past half a year and started
meddling in Clang by submitting a few patches:
- 3 Clang-Tidy checks [1][2][3],
- a Clang SA check [4],
- a diagnostic flag extension [5][6], and
- a tiny tweak in the core [7].

I'm currently studying constraint solving issues in symbolic execution as
part of a university project, and plan to continue with a PhD focusing on
Clang-related stuff.

I was initially most interested in the Z3 integration project, but I've
noticed that Mikhail has applied already. Creating a checker for dangling
string pointers would also be an interesting challenge, so I'd like to
express my enthusiasm for that project.

The main goal for me would be to get more comfortable with the inner
workings of the analyzer and learn as much along the process as possible.

I'm also open to any other suggestions, so please be so kind to share your
thoughts with me.

Thanks,
Réka

[1] bugprone-suspicious-memset-usage: https://reviews.llvm.org/D32700