[cfe-dev] Implement foo in terms of __builtin_foo fails

Jon Chesterfield via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Feb 23 12:45:01 PST 2018

I think this means I'm missing some compilation flags.

I'm not passing -ffast-math because treating floating point as associative
etc is unattractive, but I'm willing to violate iso c handling of errorno.
fast-math and denormal-fp-math are the only two flags I can find in the
documentation. ffreestanding and fno-builtin don't appear to change the
example. Where are the controlling flags listed?

Thanks!

Jon

On 23 Feb 2018 7:05 p.m., "Joerg Sonnenberger" <joerg at bec.de> wrote:

On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 05:03:46PM +0000, Jon Chesterfield via cfe-dev
wrote:
> How can I write C that generates a call to the llvm.sin.f64 intrinsic?

Why do you want to force that? The library handling already does it when
the compilation flags match them up. I.e. most of the intrinsics are a
lot more restricted than the ISO C constraints.

Joerg