[cfe-dev] path traversal on ExplodedGraph of clang static analyzer

Artem Dergachev via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Feb 23 10:13:10 PST 2018

If you want to see the final analysis graph, you can dump it into
graphviz via -analyzer-checker debug.ViewExplodedGraph (or
-analyzer-viz-egraph-graphviz, which is the same thing). A debug build
is required for that. See also
http://clang-analyzer.llvm.org/checker_dev_manual.html#visualizing

I'm not sure if your dumps are correct, they look strange indeed, and
they don't quite correspond to what i see in the actual exploded graph.

You should rarely rely on the analysis order in your checkers though;
you should keep information in the program state instead, and keep your
checker object stateless, as in
http://clang-analyzer.llvm.org/checker_dev_manual.html#events_callbacks

There's also my old workbook at
https://github.com/haoNoQ/clang-analyzer-guide/releases/download/v0.1/clang-analyzer-guide-v0.1.pdf
that captures the current (mildly outdated but overally actual) state of
things.