[cfe-dev] clang-cl with analyzer-output=text

Matthew Del Buono via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Feb 8 23:39:31 PST 2018

Hi all,

With clang-cl I can use the --analyze argument to run static analysis, but
it seems -Xanalyzer is not recognized. So normally I'd pass -Xanalyzer
-analyzer-output=text to get the additional flow information, but it's not
permitted.

Is there a way to get clang-cl to pass the -analyzer-output=text option to
the analyzer? If not, is this just because nobody's gotten around to it?
(I'd be more than happy to work on a patch if there isn't a reason for it
not to be there.)

Thanks,
-- Matthew P. Del Buono