[cfe-dev] ld linker error using clang analyzer checker

Yingtong Liu via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Feb 5 17:24:06 PST 2018

Hi,

I am trying to use clang static checker from command line. I knew there are
two ways to do that. One is using scan-build command, which works fine for
me. But I need to use the checker in another way, which is from the
official website, like:

               clang -Xclang -analyze -Xclang -analyzer-checker=checker_name
test.c

This reported me /usr/bin/ld: cannot find /tmp/xxx.o: File format not
recognized. It seems like the xxx.o file never being generated using this
command line.

When I added -cc1 option, using it like this way,

                clang -cc1 -analyze -analyzer-checker=xxx test.c

The error is gone, but I have to include all the default compiler headers
manually, which I don't wanna do.

My question is, what's the right way to pass the checker to clang to get
the bug report and the built file at the same time?

Thanks,
Ying