[cfe-dev] Type suffixes should be generated for non-type template parameters in Debug info.

Roman Popov via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Feb 5 13:21:06 PST 2018

> Seems fair (though I feel like/wish, perhaps there should be an implicit
> type parameter in cases like this, but ah well).
>
> I still think the idea that DWARF producers should create names that match
> exactly some specific demangler's pretty printing is problematic... but in
> this case there's clearly information loss that needs to be addressed.

Can you please elaborate why this is problematic?  Also why not to put
mangled names into debug_info? Debugger can demangle them by itself.

Here is related GDB thread:
*https://sourceware.org/ml/gdb/2018-02/msg00021.html
<https://sourceware.org/ml/gdb/2018-02/msg00021.html>*
According to GDB developer in some cases it is impossible to reconstruct
type from template parameter tags.