[cfe-dev] How to verify clang-tidy checks applied to headers?

Richard via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Dec 27 11:22:51 PST 2018

[Please reply *only* to the list and do not include my email directly
in the To: or Cc: of your reply; otherwise I will not see your reply.
Thanks.]

In article <q02pmi$6qf$1 at blaine.gmane.org>,
    Stephen Kelly via cfe-dev <cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> writes:

> You probably need to extend the test framework to accept
> the -header-filter command line and pass it through.

Yeah, I think check_clang_tidy.py will need to be augmented in order
to support that.  However, that's just a wrapper around running
clang-tidy in a convenient manner, so I thought I could prototype it
with // RUN: clang-tidy ..., but didn't manage to find the right
incantation.  I find it hard to believe I'm the first person to try
and do this, so I was hoping there was an accepted recipe for doing
this.
            The Terminals Wiki <http://terminals-wiki.org>