[cfe-dev] Avoiding unnecessary calls to Decl::getASTContext

Bruno Ricci via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Dec 15 09:57:24 PST 2018

I have added the profile data to the first patch (https://reviews.llvm.org/D55658)

The top 20 callers of getASTContext and getParentASTContext are:
(with the number of calls to getTranslationUnitDecl, edited for readability)

5399586 : DeclContext::lookup
801684 : VarDecl::getMemberSpecializationInfo
551928 : FunctionDecl::getMinRequiredArguments
401464 : CXXRecordDecl::lookupInBases
338614 : Decl::getAttrs
311651 : DeclContext::makeDeclVisibleInContextImpl
173684 : Decl::getASTMutationListener
164264 : CXXConstructorDecl::isSpecializationCopyingObject
154066 : CXXMethodDecl::size_overridden_methods
141622 : CXXRecordDecl::getVisibleConversionFunctions
120440 : ClassTemplateSpecializationDecl::Profile
116303 : VarDecl::isThisDeclarationADefinition
106208 : CXXRecordDecl::conversion_begin
106208 : CXXRecordDecl::conversion_end
99075 : FunctionDecl::setParams
95910 : RedeclarableTemplateDecl::findSpecializationImpl
57043 : CXXRecordDecl::getDestructor
56668 : VarDecl::getDefinition
52140 : TagDecl::startDefinition
48266 : CXXConstructorDecl::isCopyOrMoveConstructor
37407 : FunctionDecl::getBody

Bruno