[cfe-dev] 2018 LLVM Foundation's Women in Compilers and Tools Workshop

David Greene via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Aug 27 08:43:42 PDT 2018

I hate to feed the trolls, but this needs to be addressed.

This is not "SJW" stuff.  And even if it were, shouldn't we all be
warriors for social justice?

There are real, systemic barriers to women in technical fields and
computing is particularly bad in this way.

I am not writing as a representative of the company I work for, but I
will say that as a senior technical member of our compiler team, I am
thrilled that effort is being put into getting more women excited about
and involved in compilers.  The diversity of experience and ideas that
women bring to the table make our technical teams better.  Beyond being
a moral issue and far secondary to it, there is a real business case for
investing in making technical fields more accessible to women.

                            -David