[cfe-dev] [RFC] C++17 Parallel STL ∥ a new project

Chris Lattner via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Aug 22 11:06:45 PDT 2018

On Aug 21, 2018, at 2:13 PM, JF Bastien via cfe-dev <cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> What we’re suggesting
>
> Create a new repository, under the LLVM Foundation, to host Parallel STL work. This includes an implementation which can support multiple backends, correctness tests, and performance tests.
> This repository will be importable into libc++ <https://libcxx.llvm.org/> and libstdc++ <https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/>. Details will be worked out later as this will be experimental for a while.
> Contributions occur as usual, under LLVM’s contribution policy <https://llvm.org/docs/Contributing.html> (specifically, the revised <http://llvm.org/foundation/relicensing/devpolicy.patch> policy <http://llvm.org/foundation/relicensing/devpolicy.patch>).

One specific question I’d like to see considered: we’re talking about splitting libc++ off to its own mailing list now.  Does it make sense for pstl to share that list, or should we add two new lists?

Besides the seeming alignment between the two projects, this would encourage collaboration across the code bases and would reduce spam moderation burden.

-Chris