[cfe-dev] API Removal Notice (4 weeks): getStartLoc, getLocStart, getLocEnd

via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Aug 20 16:34:07 PDT 2018

I consider this particular change to be an experiment; I would encourage anyone who derived material benefit from the delay between deprecation and removal in this case to let us know.

Well, the deprecation attribute allowed us to detect use of the old API in a local change, which we can now update as a task that has a fairly short deadline but is not actually a build break.  I very much appreciate that.

I will say that the 4-week notice period is likely to be plenty for teams that do continual (or at least really frequent) integration, but plainly it makes no difference to teams who update slower than monthly.

--paulr