[cfe-dev] Incomplete binary distribution windows

degski via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Aug 9 05:17:25 PDT 2018

On Thu, 9 Aug 2018 at 15:12, Hans Wennborg <hans at chromium.org> wrote:

> I don't think we want to go back to the old integration though, even
> if it can be made to work with VS 2017.

No probs.

It's cool that developers made that work on their own, and unfortunate
> that we broke it by not installing a ms-build-bin\cl.exe file. I
> suppose we could put that file back, but it also seems like a pretty
> narrow use case. Perhaps users who have managed to make the old
> extension still work for them could do the copy themselves.

I guess so, I did.

I'm not sure what the best thing to do is here. Shipping the new
> integration breaks users who were relying on the old one, but that
> also seems inevitable, and maybe worth it for having a new extension
> that works well with VS 2017.

I think it's best to ship the old integration (as it was), that will help
quite a lot of peops that cannot/don't want to move to VS17.

I saw that the plugin will/might support lld in the future, that IS kewl!

Have a nice day,

degski
--
*"If something cannot go on forever, it will stop" - Herbert Stein*