[cfe-dev] Fwd: Incomplete binary distribution windows

degski via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Aug 8 21:23:53 PDT 2018

On Wed, 8 Aug 2018 at 16:50, Hans Wennborg <hans at chromium.org> wrote:

> Can you share more details on what broke because the installer doesn't
> include msbuild-bin/cl.exe? This will also apply to the upcoming llvm
> 7 release, so it would be good to understand if this causes problems.

Yes, I use the old (style), but updated and adapted Clang7/VS2017
integration. If the copy does not exist, the actual compiler being used
(even though it doesn't look like it) is the real cl.exe. So this then
chokes on the gcc-style switches/parameters.

degski
--
*"If something cannot go on forever, it will stop" - Herbert Stein*