[cfe-dev] clangd, completion in header files

Christian Dullweber via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Apr 25 07:33:46 PDT 2018

Hi,
thanks for implementing the heuristics. Header files that have a cc file
with the same name are working great now :)

I found a few issues that I can't really explain. It looks like some
header-only files are matched with a basically random file:
base/no_destructor.h, base/macros.h and base/callback_forward.h are
compiled with commands for third_party/freetype/freetype_source/ftbase.c.
(according to the "-MF obj/third_party/freetype/freetype_source/ftbase.o.d"
parameter)
components/content_settings/core/browser/user_modifiable_provider.h is
compiled with commands for
components/autofill/core/browser/browser/address.cc

There are much better matches such as base/callback_helpers.cc or
components/content_settings/core/browser/website_settings_info.cc.

There are also headers where good commands are choosen, e.g.
components/browsing_data/core/clear_browsing_data_tab.h with
components/browsing_data/core/core/browsing_data_utils.cc, so I wonder what
is going wrong with the others files?

I'm using the clangd build 20180424.RC0-1