[cfe-dev] msan fails to get configured

Csaba Raduly via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Apr 25 05:10:54 PDT 2018

Hi all,

I have llvm, clang, libcxx and compiler-rt checked out into one tree.
My platform is Ubuntu 17.10

After running CMake, when I try to build llvm+clang (ninja -k0 all
check-all) I get the following error message:

Last Changed Rev: 330807
Last Changed Date: 2018-04-25 11:38:58 +0200 (Wed, 25 Apr 2018)

[2803/4039] Performing configure step for 'libcxx_msan_x86_64'
-- The CXX compiler identification is unknown
-- The C compiler identification is unknown
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:23 (project):
  The CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER:

    /home/csabaraduly/wk/LLVM/build_release_7/./bin/clang++

  is not a full path to an existing compiler tool.

  Tell CMake where to find the compiler by setting either the environment
  variable "CXX" or the CMake cache entry CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER to the full path
  to the compiler, or to the compiler name if it is in the PATH.

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:23 (project):
  The CMAKE_C_COMPILER:

    /home/csabaraduly/wk/LLVM/build_release_7/./bin/clang

  is not a full path to an existing compiler tool.

  Tell CMake where to find the compiler by setting either the environment
  variable "CC" or the CMake cache entry CMAKE_C_COMPILER to the full path to
  the compiler, or to the compiler name if it is in the PATH.

CMake doesn't understand relative paths for CMAKE_C_COMPILER and
CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER.

Csaba
--
You can get very substantial performance improvements by not doing the
right thing.