[cfe-dev] clangd/libclang: how to emulate other compilers?

Doug Schaefer via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Apr 18 07:33:03 PDT 2018

Now putting them in a include file would have been smart. Unfortunately, we have them hardcoded in the CDT source and add them directly to scanner info.

If you have the CDT source checked out it's all handled in classes that implement IScannerExtensionConfiguration.

> Out of interest: Have you ever tried to parse old clang headers with a CDT built
> against a newer clang?

CDT has it's own parsers. That's why we're looking at clangd to replace all that and leverage clang's parser. And it lets us future proof thanks to the LSP.