[cfe-dev] Adding an intrinsic that the user can include in source code

Seth Goldstein via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Oct 31 15:20:10 PDT 2017

I would like to add an intrinsic that the user can put in their code.
The intrinsic is for sending, ala MPI, a value to another processor.
I have read the short document,
https://llvm.org/docs/ExtendingLLVM.html, about adding intrinsics but
must be missing something because it doesn't mention changing anything
in clang.  I added my intrinsic to
llvm/include/llvm/IR/IntrinsicsX86.td, then I added it to
clang/include/clang/Basic/BuiltinsX86.def.  When I compile my code I get:

send.c:14:3: error: cannot compile this builtin function yet
  __builtin_uli_send0(1, 0, &incr);

The AST has information about my intrinsic and the parameters, but not
sure how to proceed.

What am I missing?

Seth Copen Goldstein
Carnegie Mellon University