[cfe-dev] [clangd] ClangdScheduler & LLVM ThreadPool

Jan Korous via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Nov 29 02:33:30 PST 2017

Hi all,

I am wondering about the fact that there is an implementation of asynchronous message queue (ClangdScheduler) in clangd which in principle is similar to what ThreadPool in LLVM Support does. I just wanted to ask what other people think about possibility of using ThreadPool in clangd as we could potentially spare some resources on maintaining only one version. It’s not a lot of code and those two implementations are not exactly the same so some one-time effort would be needed but it still might be worthwhile.

https://github.com/llvm-mirror/clang-tools-extra/blob/master/clangd/ClangdServer.h <https://github.com/llvm-mirror/clang-tools-extra/blob/master/clangd/ClangdServer.h>
https://github.com/llvm-mirror/clang-tools-extra/blob/master/clangd/ClangdServer.cpp <https://github.com/llvm-mirror/clang-tools-extra/blob/master/clangd/ClangdServer.h>

https://github.com/llvm-mirror/llvm/blob/master/include/llvm/Support/ThreadPool.h <https://github.com/llvm-mirror/llvm/blob/master/include/llvm/Support/ThreadPool.h>
https://github.com/llvm-mirror/llvm/blob/master/lib/Support/ThreadPool.cpp <https://github.com/llvm-mirror/llvm/blob/master/lib/Support/ThreadPool.cpp>