[cfe-dev] [Proposal] Automatically Cc: cfe-commits@ on Clang reviews

Stephan Bergmann via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Nov 21 00:52:49 PST 2017

On 11/20/2017 05:29 PM, Ben Hamilton via cfe-dev wrote:
> tl;dr: I want to set up separate Differential repositories for each
> LLVM/Clang/etc. project, so Herald can automatically Cc: the correct
> list for each review request.
[...]
>   * Moving to a monorepo in the future won't require too much work, but
>     we will either need to move to a single Differential repository and
>     re-adjust the Herald rules to handle absolute paths, or continue
>     using separate Differential repositories even though the underlying
>     storage is a monorepo.

My understanding was that, while there currently is no official
monorepo, it is at least possible and accepted to send single,
cross-repo patches for review.  (I found that beneficial in the past,
and have at least one patch brewing here for which it would be
beneficial to not artificially split it up into clang and compiler-rt
parts for review.)  That would no longer be possible, right?