[cfe-dev] Unique identifier for NamedDecls

Stephen Pegoraro via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Nov 20 22:11:40 PST 2017

Just a follow-up: I found the required methods in the clang::index
namespace which is great but the other classes there bring up another
question.

I see that I can utilise index::createIndexingAction to generate a
FrontendAction which will hand declarations off to an
IndexDataConsumer subclass.

At the moment I'm using a RecursiveASTVisitor which keeps a reference
to some state that can consist of declarations from multiple
translation units and overriding the HandleXXXXDecl methods there. It
seems that the IndexDataConsumer option might be a better fit, is
there any major reason for/against using it? There is very little
documentation so is it something relatively new?

Thanks for any help!
Steve