[cfe-dev] [libc++] much longer build time of my project using libc++ 5.0 vs 3.5.2

chen hsu via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Nov 17 12:04:47 PST 2017

Hi, my project has been using libc++/c++abi 3.5.2 for two years, and recently I am upgrading it to libc++/c++abi 5.0, only to find that the build time for our project increased dramatically, from 100 minutes to 160 minutes on a 6-core intel-CPU, same situation for both debug and release build. The compiler is clang 5.0. The comparison is pretty fair - same machine and compiler, same codebase, the only difference is the C++ headers. Is there a way to improve? It's kind of blocker for our adoption of libc++/c++abi 5.0, as it takes too long for our developers to build.

Thanks a lot.